Thursday, December 19, 2013

DIY Paper Stars


Need a super easy last minute Christmas decoration? Look no further -- these paper stars are perfect for adding some pretty holiday cheer. Plus, they're incredibly easy to make! All you need is paper, scissors, and some double sided tape/hot glue. 


And there are so many different ways you can use them! They look lovely hanging from the mantle over the fireplace, like I did. Or you could hang them from doorways, or even string them together to make a star garland to hang. Or wrap around the tree!

(PS - The snowflakes were made from kits from the Paper Source. I seriously have to refrain myself from buying the entire store every time I go there. Because I totally would, if I could.)


And if you use really little squares, you can make some adorable paper star ornaments for the Christmas tree! I'm totally make more of these little guys.

Now, I took the lazy route and used double-sided tape for adhering everything. Using the tape works well for creating each half of the star, but when you put the two halves together, I would recommend using hot glue. The double-sided tape doesn't work super well.

Ready to make some stars? Here's a link to the tutorial! Now go make yourself some hot chocolate and get crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment